October 18, 2018

Coffee and Cream Marbled Bundt Cake ~ #BundtBakers

"I believe humans get a lot done, not because we're smart, but because we have thumbs so we can make coffee". Those thumbs also help us make delicious cakes like this coffee and cream bundt.




This month the Bundt Bakers are baking Marbled Bundts. In getting ready to bake my bundt I almost made the ultimate mistake that would have excluded me from joining in this month - for some reason I thought we were baking coffee bundts, and it was only by luck that I decided to marble my bundt by doing a zebra pattern. What a relief.
 





I based this bundt on my previous Neapolitan Zebra Bundt Cake. As previously mentioned in that post once you have completed your mise en place this bundt is really easy to put together. It is a little different to the usual cream the butter and sugar, as the butter is actually melted and cooled and then beaten with the sugar. Whipping cream is then added and after it is beaten it is quite light and fluffy, and almost pudding-like. The pattern is quite easy to achieve as well, even though it looks quite intricate.  I will say that the pattern in this bundt was not quite as effective as other "zebra" cakes I have done, but it was certainly delicious.





The only problem I had with the bundt was that it stuck slightly when I was trying to get it out of the pan.  This is only the second time that this has happened to me, and I suspect it was the espresso that actually caused it.  I did spray quite liberally but next time I will definitely coat it extra-well. Fortunately the pieces that stuck came out in one piece so I was able to place them back on the cake, and then turned to that magical item that covers all mistakes - icing!  I combined powdered sugar and some whipping cream and poured it over the bundt and you would never know at one stage there was part of the cake missing.






If you would like to know more about #BundtBakers and see what the other bakers made for our Marbled Bundts theme please scroll down below the recipe.


Coffee and Cream Bundt CakePrinter Friendly Recipe
Ingredients ~
  • 400g (3 cups) all-purpose flour
  • 10g (2 teaspoons) baking powder
  • 340g (1½ cups) butter, melted and cooled to room temperature
  • 500g (2½ cups) sugar
  • 225g (8 oz) whipping cream
  • 5g (1 teaspoon) salt
  • 10ml (2 teaspoons) vanilla
  • 6 eggs
  • 7g (2 tablespoons) espresso powder
  • 15ml (1 tablespoon) hot water
Preparation ~
  1. Heat oven to 180℃ (350 ℉).
  2. Spray a 2.5 liter (10-cup) Bundt pan with baking spray, and set aside.
  3. In a small bowl add the espresso powder and hot water and mix until the powder is dissolved.
  4. Place butter in a saucepan over low heat to melt; set aside to cool.
  5. In a medium bowl add flour, baking powder, and salt and whisk to combine; set aside.
  6. In the large bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the beater blade, add melted butter and sugar and mix on medium-low for 2 minutes or until well combined.
  7. Add whipping cream to bowl and mix on medium for about 2 minutes until well combined and light.
  8. Add vanilla and mix until well combined.
  9. While mixer is running, add eggs in one at time and mix well after each addition.
  10. Turn mixer down to low and gradually add flour mixture.
  11. Scrape sides of bowl and give one final mix to make sure everything is incorporated.
  12. Divide batter evenly between two bowls.
  13. In one bowl add the espresso liquid and mix until well combined.
  14. Using a medium-sized ice cream scoop, drop a scoopful of vanilla batter into prepared bundt pan. Then, using a separate scoop, drop a scoop of the espresso batter on top of the vanilla layer. Continue this alternating sequence until each batter bowl is empty.
  15. Bake in the center of the oven until cake tester inserted in centre comes out clean, about 60-70 minutes.
  16. Place a wire rack face down on top of the exposed part of the Bundt cake, flip over and let it rest for a minute, then gently remove the pan and let cool completely.
  17. Dust with powdered sugar is desired.


BundtBakers


#BundtBakers is a group of Bundt loving bakers who get together once a month to bake Bundts with a common ingredient or theme. You can see all our of lovely Bundts by following our Pinterest board. We take turns hosting each month and choosing the theme/ingredient.

Updated links for all of our past events and more information about BundtBakers, can be found on our home page.


And don’t forget to take a peek at what other talented bakers have baked this month ~


5 comments:

  1. That is the Perfect Swirl, Felice! Not like a zebra but better.
    P.S. We SHOULD do a coffee theme! February 2019?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stacy I am all in for a coffee theme in Feb - it would be fun to turn coffee shop drinks into bundts.

      Delete
  2. The marble here is perfection and I would love to have one, Ok, two slices of this right now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks perfect!!! I love coffee flavor in cíes although I don’t Like coffee too much. I hardly have a cup of coffee but I Can have a huge piece of coffee cake lol!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog. I'd love to hear from you, so please leave a comment.