November 14, 2017

Pumpkin Spice Latte Pull Apart Bread ~ #BreadBakers

Pull Apart breads are the perfect bread for sharing - fair warning, you probably should make two as these breads have a habit of disappearing before your very eyes.




OK, I'll admit it, I am a sucker for anything with pumpkin spice in it - lattes, cereal, cookies, gelato - I love them all. Is the market over-saturated with this flavor? Why yes it is, and yet I want them all.  So it is no surprise that when I found out that our theme for #BreadBakers this month was pull apart breads, I knew immediately that my bread would be featuring pumpkin spice.





Seriously, I could make pull apart breads every single week as my family just loves them.  They are a really simple bread to pull together, and the flavors are unlimited as to what you can create.  I did make the cardinal sin, however, of only making one loaf this time and there were some unhappy faces when they found it it was gone already. Lesson learned.





Every time I make bread I feel like I learn something new, and I am gradually learning to trust my instincts and the "feel" of the dough.  I am pretty sure that with some of my previous breads that I added too much flour.  This time I resisted the urge to add just a little bit more flour, and to just go with it, and the final product definitely thanked me for it.  The dough was soft, supple, and flavorful - not a dry crumb in the house.  The vanilla glaze gave it the perfect latte finishing touch. This is definitely a bread I know I'll be making again and again - and at least two at a time :)





If you would like to know more about #BreadBakers and see what the other bakers made for the Pull Apart Breads theme please scroll down below the recipe.



Pumpkin Spice Latte Pull-Apart Bread

Ingredients
Dough ~
  • 420g (3 cups) all-purpose flour
  • 6g (2¼ tsp, which is one ¼-oz. package) active dry yeast
  • 30g (2 tablespoons) sugar
  • 5g (1 teaspoon) salt
  • 180ml (¾ cup) whole milk, warm but not hot
  • 120g (½ cup) canned pumpkin
  • 55g (4 tablespoons) butter, softened
  • 1 large egg
  • 1 large egg yolk
Filling ~
  • 55g (4 tablespoons) butter
  • 120g (½ cup) canned pumpkin
  • 100g (½ cup) granulated sugar
  • 8g (1 tablespoon) pumpkin pie spice
Glaze ~
  • 150g (1½ cups) powdered sugar
  • 5ml (1 teaspoon) vanilla extract
  • 15-30ml (1-2 tablespoons) milk

Preparation
Dough ~
  1. In the bowl of a stand mixer, with the flat beater attached, add flour, yeast, sugar and salt; stir until well combined.
  2. Add milk, pumpkin, butter, egg and additional egg yolk; mix on low speed until well combined.
  3. Change to the dough hook, increase speed to medium, and mix for 3-4 minutes or until a soft, smooth dough forms.
  4. Transfer dough into a large greased bowl, cover with plastic wrap, and let rise in a warm place until doubled in size (approximately 60 minutes).
  5. Make filling per instructions below.
  6. Turn dough out onto lightly-floured countertop or cutting board., and roll into an 18”x12” rectangle.
  7. Brush top of dough with butter/pumpkin mixture and then sprinkle sugar mixture on top.
  8. Cut dough lengthwise into six 18”x2” pieces. 
  9. Stack pieces on top of each other and then cut stack widthwise to create six 3”x2” pieces.
  10. Place stacks cut side up into pan.
  11. Cover pan with plastic wrap and let rise at room temperature for approximately 45 minutes, or until dough has risen almost 1-inch above the edge of the pan.
  12. Preheat oven to 350°F.
  13. Bake at 350°F for 48-50 minutes, or until top of bread begins to turn golden brown.
  14. Make glaze per instructions below.
  15. Let bread rest in pan for 10 minutes before inverting onto large serving plate.
  16. Let cool for 10 more minutes before glazing.
Filling ~
  1. Spray a standard 9”x5” loaf pan with baking spray; set aside.
  2. Make the filling by melting butter in a medium bowl.
  3. Add canned pumpkin and mix until smooth. 
Glaze ~
  1. In a medium bowl, add the powdered sugar, vanilla and water, and whisk until smooth.
  2. Drizzle the glaze over top of bread before serving.





#BreadBakers is a group of bread loving bakers who get together once a month to bake bread with a common ingredient or theme. Follow our Pinterest board right here. Links are also updated each month on this home page.

We take turns hosting each month and choosing the theme/ingredient. This month's Bread Baker's theme is Pull Apart Breads and is hosted by Kelly from Passion Kneaded - mahalo Kelly!

And don’t forget to check out all the amazing breads baked by our talented bakers ~





8 comments:

  1. I can tell you for sure than one loaf of this bread wouldn't last long in our house! Looks fabulous. I've been adding less and less flour to my breads to. It takes some getting used to working with the wetter dough, but I love the result.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm just drooling looking at that bread! It looks like a work of are and sounds delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that you are learning something new every time you bake bread. I am constantly learning too.

    P.S. This bread is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your crumbs are always my favorite photo in each post. I can see why there would be nothing else left with this amazing sounding bread.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a beautiful pull apart bread. Love all the flavors in there.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Felice, Everything about your bread is so yummy. Right from the dough to filling and the glaze.....burst of flavours! The crumbs in the end says it all :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful pull apart bread. Wouldn't mind having that right away with a cup of coffee. Its a wonderful breakfast treat.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the bread and especiallly the last pic shows that a bread is well appreciated.:D

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog. I'd love to hear from you, so please leave a comment.