February 08, 2011

To Market, To Market - Part 2 (Flowers)



This is Part 2 of my trip to the Farmers' Market at KCC.  This time I am focusing on all of the stunning flowers at the market.  I don't even know if I can really do them justice, since by this time, my daughters were reaching the saturation point with all of my photo-taking so I had to hurry.  Also, I realize that the photo above is actually a rambutan, which is not a flower, but I just really liked the photo and how flower-like it is.  OK, on to the real thing.


The sun rising at the Kapiolani Community College over the cactus garden.  Diamond Head is on the other side of the road.
The Cactus garden at KCC
 Orchid "Phalaenopsis"
Orchid "Phalaenopsis"
Pink Anthurium
Orchid
Oncidium "Heaven Scent Redolence"
Orchid "Lady Slipper"
Orchid "Lady Slipper"
Orchid "Cattelya Aurantiaca"

Orchid "Cattleya Willette Wong"
Protea "Pin Cushion"
Parrot's Beak Helconia "Sassy"
Yellow Parrot Flower
















Heliconia "Rostrata"






















Red Ginger (this one is from my backyard)

11 comments:

  1. Love farmers markets! So many colors and sights and sounds! These flowers look other worldly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, so gorgeous. Everything here is buried under about 5 feet of snow. I need a getaway badly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all the different proteas in Hawaii. We always try to go to a botanical garden. Never thought about checking out the flower market.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such gorgeous flowers, I just love the pictures you took! Almost made me feel like I was there. I can't wait for Spring!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. SO beautiful! I think I stopped at that orchid stand and wished I could buy some for my mom. She is an amazing orchid grower and can get them re-blooming over and over. Whenever she gives me one I enjoy the bloom for a few months and then give it back to her to get it to bloom again.
    Your pictures are amazing! Brian got another trip to Honolulu! He heads back next week. No luck for me to come along though... :(

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a gorgeous bunch of photos! Wishing for spring for realz!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really love the KCC market. It's hard for me to get out there sometimes, with 2 kids and all, but I still love it. I think the cactus is amazing as well and those pictures of the flowers makes me want to get out there ASAP.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh I can't wait for warm weather and flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such beautiful pictures! I especially love the Red Ginger:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm so envious of all your beautiful tropical flowers. We don't have those growing here! Hope you have a Happy Valentines Day!
    -Gina-

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog. I'd love to hear from you, so please leave a comment.