I was cleaning out my freezer and found some cinnamon chips from King Arthur Flour that I received in a regional swap exchange with a friend from the Cooking Light Forum. I love the products from King Arthur Flour. They offer so many different items and the quality is excellent. I decided that they would make a great addition to the Snickerdoodle Muffins.
The recipe I used was one I found on a blog called Taste and Tell. This is a super quick and easy recipe that tastes delicious. These only take approximately 15 minutes to cook and I dare you to try not to eat one as soon as it is out of the oven. The addition of the cinnamon chips really adds an extra cinnamon boost to the muffins. I think they would also be good with coffee chips.
Snickerdoodle Muffins with Cinnamon Chips
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 2 cups flour
- 3/4 cup cinnamon chips
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup oil
- 2 eggs
- cinnamon sugar - for sprinkling on top
- Preheat oven to 375F. Prepare muffin tins.
- Combine dry ingredients. Add wet ingredients. Mix only until moistened. Fill muffin cups and top with cinnamon sugar.
- Bake for 13-15 minutes, or until a toothpick entered in the center comes out clean.