I don't know if I have a favorite muffin flavor. It seems like each time I try a new recipe it becomes my new favorite. Oh well, they say that variety is the spice of life.
Once again I had an excess of ripe bananas so I went looking for a muffin recipe. I came across this recipe for Banana Muffins with Crumbly Brown Sugar and Cinnamon Tops on Group Recipes. It seemed like just the right combination of flavors.
Banana Muffins With Crumbly Brown Sugar And Cinnamon Tops
- 1 1/2 C flour
- 1 t baking soda
- 1 t baking powder
- 1/2 t salt
- 3 bananas - mashed
- 3/4 C sugar
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/3 C melted butter
- 1/3 C brown sugar
- 2 T flour
- 1/8 t cinnamon
- 1 T butter
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and grease muffin pan if you are not using muffin liners.
- Mix together 1 1/2 C flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. In another bowl, mix together bananas, sugar, egg and melted butter. Make sure to slowly temper the egg/banana/sugar mixture before pouring all the melted butter into the bowl so the egg does not cook.
- Pour banana mixture into dry ingredients and mix until just moistened. Spoon batter into muffin cups.
- In another bowl, mix together brown sugar, 2 T flour and cinnamon. Cut in the butter until it resembles a coarse meal. Sprinkle amply on top of the muffin batter.
- Bake muffins from 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean. Makes 12 muffins.