As soon as I saw cream cheese as an ingredient I was hooked. I first saw this recipe on What's Cookin' Italian Style. I also loved the sound of the combination of banana, orange, and cranberry. If you get a chance take a look at this site. I am amazed that there is a new recipe every day, which I could only dream about.
I decided that I would take the opportunity to use some Ocean Spray Craisins Pomegranate Juice Infused Dried Cranberries. I don't know if I could really taste the pomegranate, but they may have been a little sweeter. One thing I did love was the creaminess of the batter for this cake. You know when you just look at the batter and think yes, this is going to be a good cake. This was that kind of batter.
Before I knew it had all come together and was ready to be baked. I loved that it made two loaves, but in hindsight I should have made a double batch. Not to worry as I always have bananas ready for some toe of bread.
Banana-Orange-Cranberry Bread(Printer Friendly Recipe)
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups bananas, mashed (about 4 medium)
- 1 cup pecans, chopped, toasted optional
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 2 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 1 cup of fresh or dried cranberries
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 3 tablespoons orange juice, fresh
- 1 teaspoon orange rind, grated
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Combine cream cheese, sugar and butter mixing well.
- Blend in bananas and eggs.
- Add remaining ingredients; mix well until moistened.
- Pour into 2 greased and floured pans.
- Bake till toothpick is clean in the center, at least an hour or more depending on the size pan.
- After bread is cooled pour glaze over the top, if desired.
- Mix together and drizzle over bread.