I am a big fan of apple cider. Brands such as Strongbow have been popular for years in Australia, and I always wondered why it had not taken off here. Well, it would seem that apple cider is now having a moment, and when I picked up some honey apple cider recently I knew that it would make an appearance in my baking.
A quick search for a recipe lead me to this recipe, which is actually by another member of our group, Brooklyn Homemaker. The photos really drew me in, and it is an amazing recipe. I decided that I wanted to also add some pear to the recipe, and I went with an Asian Pear. For those who have not had the pleasure of trying one of these pears, it is a has a lovely firm, crisp texture and really holds up well in baked goods and I love them in salads too.
This bundt turned out wonderfully moist, and had an amazing flavor. I was also thrilled to be using my new KitchenAid, which I have named Belle. Belle is a "big-bottomed" girl so I no longer have flour flying everywhere when I bake. Coincidentally, I also used a new bundt pan called Belle which I have had on my wish list forever.
If you would like to know more about #BundtBakers and see what the other bakers made for the Happy Fall, Y'all theme please scroll down below the recipe. Thank you to Terri from The Freshman Cook for hosting this month.
Apple, Pear & Honey Cider Bundt Cake
- 115g butter, softened
- 1 medium firm apple, peeled and diced
- 1 Asian pear, peeled and diced
- 210ml Strongbow Honey Apple Cider
- 100ml buttermilk
- 15ml bourbon whiskey
- 5ml vanilla
- 165g sugar
- 85g dark brown sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 50ml canola oil
- 360g all purpose flour
- 2g baking soda
- 12g baking powder
- 5g coarse kosher salt
- 10g Penzeys Baking Spice
- 110g powdered sugar
- 60ml Strongbow Honey Apple Cider
- Preheat oven to 180℃.
- Spray a nonstick 10-cup bundt pan with baking spray.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the apple, pear, Honey Apple Cider, buttermilk, bourbon, and vanilla. Set aside.
- In the large bowl of a stand mixer, cream together the butter and white and brown sugars until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs one at a time, incorporating fully between each addition.
- Add the oil, and mix until combined.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cloves, nutmeg, and cinnamon.
- Turn the stand mixer to low, and add the flour mixture in two additions alternating with the buttermilk mixture, starting and finishing with the dry ingredients and beating just until combined.
- Pour batter into the prepared bundt pan and smooth out the top.
- Bake for 50-55 minutes, or just until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Let cool for 20 minutes in the pan before inverting onto a cooling rack to remove from the pan.
- For the glaze, mix together powdered sugar with Strongbow Honey Apple Cider.
- Cool completely before drizzling with glaze, if desired.
Recipe adapted from Brooklyn Homemaker
For US Measurements please click here
- Apple, Pear and Honey Cider Bundt Cake by All That’s Left Are the Crumbs
- Apple Pumpkin Bundt Cake with Salted Caramel Drizzle by Cookaholic Wife
- Bundt Cake de Chocolate Blanco y Moras by La Mejor Manera de hacer
- Chestnut Cream Marbled Bundt Cake by I Love Bundt Cakes
- Chocolate Caramel Apple Cake by The Freshman Cook
- Ginger and Cinnamon Bundt Cake by Los Chatos Chefs
- Impossible Pumpkin Pie Bundt by Faith, Hope, Love, and Luck Survive Despite a Whiskered Accomplice
- Jack O'Lantern Cake by Palatable Pastime
- Persimmon Apple Bundt by Tea and Scones
- Poached Pear and Cranberry Bundt Cake with Maple Mascarpone Frosting by Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bundt Cake by Patty's Cake
- Pumpkin Pie Bundt by Jane's Adventures in Dinner
- Pumpkin Spice Cake with Caramel Drizzle by Living the Gourmet
- Robert E. Lee Bundt Cakeby The Queen of Scones
- Spiced Rum Pumpkin Bundt by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Sticky Pecan Pie Bundt by Food Lust People Love