Cinnamon invokes such a warm and comforting feeling. Sitting in front of the fire, drinking hot chocolate, eating a piece of Cinnamon Dolce Coffee Bundt Cake while the snow gently falls outside......well that is not going to happen here, except the eating cake part. I was still excited when I found out that the theme for this months #BundtBakers was cinnamon.
Cinnamon is such a versatile spice and I love using it in both sweet and savory recipes. My idea for this months theme was to replicate the Cinnamon Dolce Latte from Starbucks in cake form. The first step was coming up with a recipe for the cinnamon dolce syrup. I wanted it to have a strong hint of cinnamon, and be slightly thickened so that it did not water down the glaze. I think next time I would add a cinnamon stick and let it steep in the syrup for a few hours. The recipe for the syrup makes more than you need for the cake, so refrigerate it and enjoy saving some money by making your very own Cinnamon Dolce Lattes at home. It would also be good stirred in to some oatmeal.
Next was the cake. I based it on a recipe I found for a coffee-cinnamon cake. Honestly when I make this again I will leave out the Irish Cream as I felt it detracted from the flavor, and I will substitute some milk or buttermilk. It is still a great cake, and I left the ingredient listed in the recipe below, so it is up to your discretion as to whether you want to add it or not. The kitchen always smells amazing when you are baking with cinnamon, and this bundt cake did not disappoint. It was such a relief when the cake came out of the oven and the top (which becomes the bottom when you flip the cake over) was slightly misshapen. I know that it sounds weird that I was happy about the shape of the cake not being perfect, but guess what that means? Yep, it had to be trimmed and I got to nibble on all of those pieces cut off to make it flat. Even without the glaze this cake was delicious, with a soft interior and combination of cinnamon and coffee in each bite. For those who are big fans of cinnamon I would suggest poking holes in the cake and drizzling some of the syrup in each one to form a ribbon of cinnamon in the cake. Of course I had this idea after my cake was complete, but there is always next time.
If you would like to know more about #BundtBakers and see what the other bakers made for the cinnamon theme please scroll down below the recipe.
Cinnamon Dolce Coffee Bundt Cake
(Printer Friendly Recipe)
- 105g sugar
- 78g brown sugar
- 256g butter, softened
- 335g flour
- 65g cornstarch
- 10g baking powder
- 110g ground almonds
- 5 eggs
- 2g cinnamon
- 55ml Irish Cream
- 12g cocoa powder
- 8g instant coffee, dissolved in 1 teaspoon hot water
Cinnamon Dolce Syrup ~
- 100g sugar
- 70g brown sugar
- 14g all-purpose flour
- 5g cinnamon
- 5ml vanilla extract
- 215ml water
- 100g powdered sugar
- 60ml cinnamon dolce syrup
- Preheat oven to 180℃.
- Coat a bundt pan with cooking spray.
- In the large bowl of an electric mixer, beat sugar and butter at low speed until light and fluffy - about 5 minutes, stopping to scrape down the sides of the bowl as necessary.
- Add flour, cornstarch, baking powder, almonds, and eggs.
- Beat at a medium speed until well mixed.
- Divide batter into two bowls.
- Pour Irish Cream into one bowl of batter, add cocoa powder and instant coffee, blend well.
- Add cinnamon to other bowl of batter and blend well.
- Using an ice cream scoop or large spoon, alternate scoops of the cinnamon and coffee batters into the pan. Take a chopstick and create a swirl all through the batters.
- Bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes, then reduce the temperature to 160℃ and bake another 30 minutes or until skewer inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Cool on a wire cake rack.
Cinnamon Dolce Syrup ~
- While the cake is baking make the syrup by combining the sugar, brown sugar, flour, and cinnamon in a small saucepan, whisking to combine.
- Add the vanilla extract and water, and whisk to combine.
- Place saucepan over a medium heat and bring to a rolling boil, continue to boil until the mixture reaches a syrup consistency.
- Sift powdered sugar to a medium bowl.
- Add cinnamon dolce syrup and whisk until well combined.
- Spoon glaze over top of cake.
Recipe inspired by Torta Della Figlia
For US measurements please click here
#BundtBakers is a group of Bundt loving Bakers who get together once a month to bake Bundts with a common ingredient or theme. You can see all of our lovely Bundts by following our Pinterest Board. We take turns hosting each month and choosing the theme or ingredient. Many thanks to our host this month, Laura from Sew You Think You Can Cook for hosting this month.
Updated links for all of our past events and more information about BundtBakers can be found on our homepage. And now it is time for you to check out all of the cinnamon-themed bundts that the #BundtBakers came up with this month ~
- Apple Cinnamon Bundt by Tammy at Living the Gourmet
- Carrot Bundt Cake with Cinnamon Glaze by Kelly at Passion Kneaded
- Cinnamon Apple Bundt Cake by Christiane at Taking on Magazines
- Cinnamon Apple Jelly Donut Cake by Colleen at Faith, Hope, Love, & Luck Survive Despite a Whiskered Accomplice
- Cinnamon Bundt Cake by Kathya at Basic N Delicious
- Cinnamon Bundt Coffee Cake by Lauren at From Gate to Plate
- Cinnamon Chocolate and Strawberry Cake by Deepti at Baking Yummies
- Cinnamon Chocolate Chip Bundt Cake by Renee at Magnolia Days
- Cinnamon Crown Cake by Stacy at Food Lust People Love
- Cinnamon Dolce Coffee Bundt Cake by Felice at All That's Left are the Crumbs
- Cinnamon Espresso Bundt with Chocolate Ganache by Amanda at The Cinnamon Scrolls
- Cinnamon Pecan Streusel Bundt Cake by Lara at Tartacadabra
- Cinnamon Roll Bundt by Margaret at Tea and Scones
- Cinnamon Swirl Bundt by Sue at Palatable Pastime
- Cinnamon Swirl Zucchini Bundt Cake by Bea and Mara at I Love Bundt Cakes
- Cinnamon Toast Bundt by Jane at Jane's Adventures in Dinner
- Cinnamon Toast Bundts by Olivia at Liv for Cake
- Mexican Chocolate Bundt Cake by Mondo at I Bake He Shoots
- Monkey Bread Bundt by Wendy at A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Pumpkin Spice Toffee Bundt Cake by June at How to Philosophize with Cake
- Red Tea and Cinnamon Bundt Cake by Mary at Los Chatos Chefs
- Six Pound Cinnamon Chocolate Chip Coffee Cake by Rebekah at Making Miracles
- Snickerdoodle Bundt Cake by Teri at The Freshman Cook
- Strawberry Cinnamon Rolls Bundt by Priya at I Camp in My Kitchen
- Sweet Cinnamon Spice Tea Bundtlettes by Lauren at Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Tea Chai Bundt Cake by Rocio at kidsandchic
- Tunnel of Cinnamon Bundt Cake by Laura at Baking in Pyjamas
- Walnut Schnecken Bundt Cake by Tux at Brooklyn Homemaker