June 19, 2014

Passion-Orange-Guava Bundt Cake ~ #BundtBakers





I was so excited when I found out that the theme for BundtBakers this month was Tropical - this theme is made for where I live! There is such an abundance of fantastic fruit here, and although I quickly made my choice I think that I may have to make a few more bundts based on this idea.

This week has been an absolute whirlwind of a week, culminating with my computer dying last night and I seriously did not think I would get this post up in time.  I am glad that I did since this bundt is so good.  Passion-Orange-Guava juice is very popular here, and is usually called POG.  If you fly on Hawaiian Airlines between the islands you will be offered a small cup of this juice, and if you are anything like me you will try to see if you can get another one as it is so good.  Since I am a big fan of lilikoi (passionfruit) I decided to do a quick drizzle over the top of the cake of by mixing the pulp of one passionfruit (strained of seeds) with one cup of powdered sugar, but the cake would be fine without it too.





Many thanks to my daughters ~ Lauren, who is an absolute speedster when it comes to typing and helped me by typing up some recipes for me, and Ashleigh who edited my photos and let me use her computer to get the post ready - love you guys!

Phew, I can't believe I am about to hit publish - and I am wondering what I haven't remembered :). For more on our group, BundtBakers, please scroll down after the recipe.


Orange Passion Guava Bundt Cake
(Printer Friendly Recipe)

Ingredients
  • 1 cup butter, at room temperature
  • 2¼ cups all-purpose flour
  • 2 teaspoons baking powder
  • ½ teaspoon salt
  • 1 cup granulated sugar
  • ½ cup packed light brown sugar
  • 3 eggs
  • 2 cups passion-orange-guava juice, reduced to 1/2 cup
  • ½ cup milk
Preparations
  1. Pour the 2 cups of the passion-orange-guava juice in a small saucepan and bring to a boil.  Lower heat and continue to cook until reduced to about half a cup.
  2. Preheat the oven to 325℉. 
  3. Spray the inside of a 10-cup Bundt pan thoroughly with Baker's Joy.
  4. Whisk the flour, baking powder, and salt in a medium bowl until thoroughly combined.
  5. In the bowl of the stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, beat the butter with the granulated sugar and brown sugar on medium speed for 2 to 3 minutes, until light and fluffy. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition until incorporated. 
  6. Beat in the reduced passion-orange-guava juice. 
  7. With the mixer on low, add the flour mixture (in two increments) alternately with the milk, beginning and ending with the flour and beating just until combined. 
  8. Pour the batter into the prepared pan, smooth the top and bake for about one hour, until a cake tester comes out clean.
  9. Let the cake cool for about 15 minutes, then invert on to a cake rack and let it cool completely.
  10. Drizzle with glaze if desired.
Recipe adapted from Cake Simple by Christie Matheson







  • #BundtBakers is a group of Bundt loving bakers who get together once a month to bake Bundts with a common ingredient or theme.  Follow our Pinterest board right here. Links are also updated each month on the BundtBakers home page.
  • We take turns hosting each month and choosing the theme/ingredient.
  • If you are a food blogger and would like to join us, just send me an email with your blog URL to foodlustpeoplelove@gmail.com.


Thanks to the wonderful Lauren who blogs at From Gate to Plate for hosting this month.



BundtBakers



Our lovely group, Bundt Bakers, just keeps growing. It's awesome! This month we have 18 amazing Bundts that fit the bill for any tropical fruit loving person! Be sure to hop on over and check them out. Totally drool worthy!



  • Guava and Cream Cheese Bundt Cake by Love and Confections
  • Guava and Pineapple Impossible Cake by Passion Kneaded
  • Pineapple Macadamia Nut Bundt Cake by Sew You Think You Can Cook
  • Passion-Orange-Guava Bundt Cake by All That's Left are the Crumbs
  • Mini Spiced Upside Down Caramelized Pineapple Bundt Cakes by From Gate to Plate
  • Hibiscus Lime Bundt Cake by Brooklyn Homemaker
  • Mango Brown Sugar Glazed Bundt Cake by Noshing with the Nolands
  • Pineapple Pound Cake by Magnolia Days
  • Mango Ginger Bundt Cake by Food Lust People Love
  • Almost Pina Colada Bundt Cake by Tea and Scones
  • Mexican Mango Cake by My Catholic Kitchen
  • Mango Coconut Bundt by Jane's Adventures in Dinner
  • Mini Pineapple Lime Mojito Bundt Cakes by Blahnik Baker
  • Tropical Pineapple Bundt Cake by Bizzy Bakes
  • 13 comments:

    1. I remember that POG when I visited Hawaii. Thanks for bringing back those memories and sharing this great cake recipe.

      ReplyDelete
    2. This cake looks so pretty! I love the pan shape and the drippy glaze is perfect on it.

      ReplyDelete
    3. I really want some POG now. Three fruits that I love.

      ReplyDelete
    4. This looks delicious Felice, the photo's are beautiful!

      ReplyDelete
    5. I don't remember getting any POG when we visited Hawaii! We stayed on the Big Island though. We were however given a big chocolate covered macadamia nut.

      ReplyDelete
    6. This cake sounds so good! I have never had Guava. Can you believe it. I will now have to give this one a try.

      ReplyDelete
    7. So glad you were able to get this post up, Felice, because your Bundt is fabulous! I love that combination of fruit flavors.

      ReplyDelete
    8. This looks delicious. Such recipes are actually the only way I got some fruit down some of my kids' throats (I know it sounds kind of brusque) that wouldn't eat fresh ...

      ReplyDelete
    9. Beautiful and trying to pin everyone's. I love all these flavors!

      ReplyDelete
    10. What a delicious flavour combination! I have never travelled to Hawaii (it is in my bucket list though) I hope your computer is back to working again and that you are enjoying the summer! (so sorry for the very very late comment :)
      9

      ReplyDelete
    11. Wow your orange passion fruit cake is really mouth watering. Makes me wanna try once.

      ReplyDelete
    12. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

      ReplyDelete

    Thanks for visiting my blog. I'd love to hear from you, so please leave a comment.