This is a super quick recipe that I whipped up to decorate my November cake from the Cake Slice Bakers. A quick search revealed a honey-glazed pecan recipe, and I added some ginger for an added kick. They paired really well with the Applesauce Spice Cake, and I could not stop nibbling on the leftovers. I think they would be a great addition to a salad too.
Honey-Ginger Spiced Pecans
(Printer Friendly Recipe)
- ⅓ cup honey
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1½ cup pecans
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- Preheat oven to 350℉.
- Whisk together honey and ginger, add pecans, tossing to coat well.
- Spread pecans in 1 layer in a shallow baking pan and sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake in middle of oven 15 minutes, then stir and bake 5 minutes more.
- Transfer while still warm to a sheet of parchment paper or foil and, working quickly, separate pecans with a fork.
- Cool completely (about 1 hour) and remove nuts from parchment, breaking up any large pieces.
- Pecans keep, layered between parchment or wax paper in an airtight container, at room temperature 3 days.
Recipe adapted from Epicurious